Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dark Love


This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP. I am doing this tutorial with PSP 8 but it can be done in other versions


Supplies:
Images of Choice
*I am using the stunning art of Zindy S.D. Nielsen. You MUST have a license to use the same art*

Darker Side of Love PTU Kit
*This is a gorgeous scrap kit by Monti's Scraps. You can find this kit at I Got Lucky Skraps*

2011 Template 3
*This is a template made by Me. Please do not share but feel free to direct people here to my blog to download it*

Fonts of Choice
*I am using Pixel Arial 11, Georgia and P22 Ruthie*

Lets get Started:
1). Open all supplies
Shift +D on the template
Close the original
Delete the Copyright layer

2). Make Circle 1 active
Selections All
Float
Defloat
Copy and Paste your paper as a new layer
Invert
Delete
Select None
*Do these same steps for Circle 2, Rectangle, Heart 1 and Heart 2*

3). Make your Heart 1 layer active again
Selections All
Float
Defloat
Copy and paste your image of choice as a new layer
Invert
Delete
Select None
* I duplicated the image layer and did a Gaussian Blur on it set at 5. I set that layers blend mode at Soft Light. I then duplicated the paper layer and moved it on top of the image layers and changed the blend mode of my top paper layer to Overlay. You will have to work with the settings to see what works best for you*

4). Make your Heart 2 layer active again
Selections All
Float
Defloat
Copy and paste your image of choice as a new layer
Invert
Delete
Select None
* I duplicated the image layer and did a Gaussian Blur on it set at 5. I set that layers blend mode at Soft Light. I then duplicated the paper layer and moved it on top of the image layers and changed the blend mode of my top paper layer to Overlay and lowered the Opacity to about 35. You will have to work with the settings to see what works best for you*

5). Now is the time to add any elements you want to make the tag your own
*I added some elements out of the kit and some word art of my own to go with the images*

6). Resize the tag if you feel it necessary

7). Add all copyright and any license info you need

8). Add your name
Save in your desired format

All Done!

This tutorial was written by Carrie's Concoctions on February 6, 2011
Any resemblance to any other tutorial is unintentional

No comments:

Post a Comment